Last week, Old World Roofing was here applying some stop gap measures to the more seriously compromised parts of our church roof and gutters. This will get us through the winter until the big project begins sometime in spring. To recap the project status:
· GOAL: $200,000
· BEYOND SUNDAY FUNDS: $40,900
· DONATED AMOUNT: $52,890 + $50,000 (CHALLENGE GIFT ACHIEVED) = $143,790 (as of 12/10)
· PERCENTAGE OF CTK PARTICIPATION: 19% (74/420 CTK households)
· DONATIONS RECEIVED SINCE 12/10: $6,503 = $150,293 (81/420) = 19% CTK households
· AMOUNT NEEDED FOR GOAL: $49,707
Here’s hoping that gifts of gratitude will continue to come to this worthy effort for the parish.
Next Sunday is the 4th Sunday of Advent AND Christmas Eve. Do not be confused on this complicated weekend. The morning Masses are for the 4th Sunday of Advent. The 5 p.m. Mass next Sunday evening is the first of the Christmas Eve celebrations, with the 10 p.m. Mass to follow.
Is everything in readiness — I don’t mean your shopping your trees and decorations, I mean YOU. Are you ready, have you taken a moment to be welcoming and inviting of the Lord to be born once again into your life. Emmanuel means “God is with us”. What could and what should that mean to you, and what difference can it make in your living, loving, reconciling, hoping, and celebrating?
May Christ the king reign in our lives.